Sunflower template courtesy of: http://boymamateachermama.com/2013/05/13/boy-mama-popsicle-stick-sunflowers/
Help kids learn that “Honesty is the Best Policy” by creating Honest -to -Goodness Petals.
What You Will Need:
- Craft sticks
- Cardboard cereal box
- Paint brushes
- To begin, trace and cut a small circle from cereal box.
- Cut several wooden craft sticks in half.
- Using the glue, arrange the craft sticks around the cardboard circle and affix in place with glue.
- Continue until the sticks have made one complete circle around the cardboard circle.
- Repeat with an additional circle of craft sticks so you end up with the sunflower shape as shown above. Glue one full stick on for the stem.
- Have your child paint the flowers using paint colors of your choice.
Your class will “Honest-to-Goodness” love this craft. Each time your student is honest with you, write that on a petal. Once the petals are full, your student can present the completed flower to their parent/ guardian and show off all their success.
Another variation: Add the petals each time you write their “honest” moments on a petal. Once they have a full flower…then give it to their parent/guardian.
Hopefully, they will have a complete bouquet to give!