A two for the price of one craft with a flair for anger management
Rainbow Rice Activity
What You Need:
- 1 packet Kool Aid drink mix (Variety of flavors to achieve multiple colors of rice)
- 1 pound White Rice
- 2 tablespoons Hot Water
- Zip Lock Quart Storage Bags
- Wax Paper
- Place 1 cup of rice in a zip lock storage bag.
- Use 2 tablespoons of hot water to liquefy the Kool Aid powder.
- Pour the soupy Kool Aid mixture into zip lock bag containing the cup of rice.
- Shake, squeeze and squish the rice and Kool Aid until well mixed.
- Pour rice onto wax paper and spread out to dry.
- Store in an air tight container. (Empty liquid coffee creamer containers work well for storage.)
What You Need:
- Clear plastic jars (water bottles work well)
- Rainbow rice
- Place funnel into jar opening. Start layering different colors of rice into the jar. Use your creativity to help your crafter choose the color order. For example: RED first to represent anger.
- Work your way up to a calming BLUE. Each layer helps them “work” their way to being calm.
- Another option is to place an encouraging word on a slip of paper and place it in the jar. Leave room at the top of the jar.
- After it is sealed, let them shake the jar to ‘release’ their anger.
- When future situations arise, let them ‘shake out’ their feelings with their FEELINGS JAR. Encourage them to shake the jar till they find the message.
Craft courtesy of Michelle Privette http://thecreativecounselor.blogspot.com/2012/01/relaxing-rice.html#