Trainings in this category are accepted by the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services, Child Care Licensing Unit for the 18 hours of required in-service training.
What is the NH Professional Registry?
The New Hampshire Professional Registry supports the entire New Hampshire early childhood system including programs, professionals, children, and families. The New Hampshire Professional Registry strives to bring recognition and professionalism into the early childhood and afterschool workforce. The New Hampshire Registry can also be used as an online personal portfolio.
According to the NH Professional Registry website, the benefits of having an individual account are:
- Registering for training and tracking your own professional development.
- The assurance that all trainings in the Registry are acceptable for licensing and credentialing.
- Generate and share your training and education record at your discretion.
- Create and maintain your own individual record and track all of your achievements.
- Access to your password-protected record and your training and education record 24/7.
- Ability to download your individual information at any time and any place with internet access.
- Ability to view and reflect upon your own professional growth along your career pathway.
- Complete your credentialing application online.
New Hampshire Childcare Training Tools
While there are many great tools available to childcare professionals, here’s one that we’ve found to be very useful.
The Training Calendar in the New Hampshire Professional Registry tab allows users to view trainings offered in the current year. The trainings in the calendar are ordered by date the training is offered. In the training calendar, the location, title, and cost of the trainings are all listed.
How many clock hours of professional development are needed in New Hampshire?
According to the New Hampshire Child Care Licensing, early childhood professionals in New Hampshire are required to complete a minimum of eighteen (18) clock hours of professional development annually.